Wednesday 6 August 2014

In The Holidays

Success Criteria

DEEP FEATURES
Brainstorms to identify main ideas to be used in writing.
Uses most of the main ideas in the writing.
Uses paragraphs and sequences ideas.
Attempts to end writing with a simple conclusions.
SURFACE FEATURES
Spells most words correctly.
Uses capital letters, full stops, commas, apostrophes, question marks, exclamation marks.
THE REWORKER / EDITOR
Rereads writing to edit out information that does not improve the message.
Rereads writing to edit in words and phrases that improve the message.
Uses a dictionary to identify and check spelling attempts.
Checks writing for basic punctuation.

I'm Going To Have An Amazing Two Weeks Off School.

On a rainy day of the first week of the holidays (Wednesday) I went to the dentist to get a filling (white). At first I was horrified but when I was getting it I couldn't feel a thing. When people told me to smile half of my face would go up in a smile position and the other half would just stay down. And in a blink of an eye everyone would crack up.  

While a tiring first week (Friday) I went to cinema gold (Havelock) to see Transformers 4 (Age of Extinction). When I was in the cinema I saw Kalani. Transformers 4 was really violent and it was a really tiring 3 hour long movie. Optimus Prime rode one of the legendary beasts but first he had to fight it and it was called Grimlock. At the end Lockdown nearly killed Optimus Prime which scared me a bit because he stabbed him in the heart and Optimus couldn’t get the sword out of his heart. But then I got a huge surprise….. Bumble Bee sprung into action and started fighting Lockdown to distract him from Optimus. They were trying to get the seed which is this bomb that will turn things into ashes.    

During the second week I went to Inflatable World and I really enjoyed it. My favourite part of inflatable world was the AMAZING obstacle course. I did the obstacle course with my friend Louie. My second favourite was these wrestling poles that you stand on and have another big pole in your hands and whack people off, the last person standing is the winner. I came second twice and it’s really hard.

On the 2nd to last day of the holiday program I went to How To Train Your Dragon 2. In the middle of the movie Hiccup finds his mum. At first it was a bit awkward. Everyone thought she got eaten by a dragon but the dragon actually took her to the alpha (leader dragon) for her to look after them. It was really awesome and really sad. “Talking about sad at the end the evil person found another alpha."

It was a really AMAZING holiday off school and I didn’t like the part when Hiccups dad died. At Inflatable World I wanted to do the Obstacle Course again.

No comments:

Post a Comment